• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Help with my weight.

JamtasticX

Bluelighter
So I've been doing opiates for about two years straight now. Good amounts of heroin, and a few months ago began taking suboxone. I still use H, but not as much, and I've switched out with the subs. At a bare minimum it's saving me money, and I had to be on the program to keep getting scripted klonopin, and my other scripts I enjoy.

Anyways, I've always been very thin, and never really was above 140. However, this was back in high school, and I was playing varsity soccer, my body was complete muscle, and I was bigger than I am now. Currently my weight fluxes around 120, and it's not good.

I have trouble eating a lot, and due to my living situation I don't have a lot of access to much food anyways, but that's another problem for another day. When I do eat I've tried eating healthy, with no success, and lately I've been trying to make my meals as fatty as possible, chips, candy, ice cream, anything with high calories and fat content.

I see so many people in todays society that are overweight, that are ridiculously obese, to the point that it's disgusting, and just gross. People reaching upwards of 1/2 ton, and stuck in their house, and lazy beyond belief. I can lay around all day and eat nothing but fat, and I don't gain any weight, I have a crazy fast metabolism. Only good thing is that I can pass drug tests fast, but that's a gift and a curse.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can gain some weight safely. I want to gain weight into muscle, obviously not fat, but I can't seem to gain any weight. With the opiate use I have problems working out, and building muscle mass and weight that way, but I should be able to gain normal weight.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

I have a few things to say if i may...

Having been fat and skinny then back to fat then back to skinny...i'll share my experience.
I've had my run with opiates (but mostly kratom nowadays) my body to this day remains around 140lbs...

As a child i didn't express my emotions that much and held in a lot. I believe this led to my weight gain because i would "emotionally eat" .

Fast forward to opiates/opioids to hide my "emotional pains" i lost a lot of weight because i forgot the most important thing when i eat...

If you feel no emotions and eat all the "fatty" food one may...you will not increase weight because there is no feeling being put into your food. Without the intention of loving what you eat...it remains to be unloving and un-fulfilling...

Now i eat things that are high packed with nutrients so i do not crave food and i'm slowly gaining weight because i remembered to add emotions and love to what it is i'm eating..

The reason so many people are fat is because they are holding feelings inside and eating at the same time. This only serves to inflate the "emotional body" to the point of physical manifestation of fat on the external body .

What i'm saying is to consciously focus your intent on your food with emotion...infuse your food with loving energy...whatever it is that your feeling during the day...release it into the food and watch it fill you up...

hope that helps

peace be with you

^^^
I've honestly never heard someone say that, exactly...it'd be interesting to see if it worked : )

If you're dangerously underweight, you need to get a pen and paper and write down what you eat. Figure out how many calories you're taking in. How many grams of carbs, fats, and proteins. The main thing right now is the calories.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

put your stats in there, and eat above the maintenance level...

obviously what kind of exercise you do will determine whether the fuel you're putting into your body gets turned into muscle or not. don't worry about how you gain the weight if you're way below a healthy weight. just gain it.

peanut butter
whole milk
cheese
whole weat/whole grain bread
avocado
fruit
mixed nuts

its all stuff you can eat and gain weight with, and its nom.

eventually ween off the junk food, its honestly not even the most efficient way to gain weight.

good luck and God bless : )

^ Interesting take on it IamAnotherYou ... good one.

I can relate Jamtastic ... always had good metabolism myself in that regard , couldn't put on weight if I tried type thing. But also had an eating disorder for over 15 years since traumatic operations in hospital as a young teen. These days I'm a fairly heavy drinker too and that doesn't help either , nor do the cigarettes lol 8)

My problem is I simply don't/can't eat enough to even barely maintain what little weight I do have ... one meal a day , even a big one just doesn't cut it ... and if I do get a slight 'tummy' from a few good feeds , because I walk everywhere I lose in a few hours what has taken days or weeks to put on.
I have never ever been much over 60kg (126lb converted) and I am an average height , that was a year was working and eating lotsa extra fast food (not all of it unhealthy) and drinking a litre of Milk with eggs cracked in and honey as protein drink for breakfast and stuff like that , think I got upto 62.5kg at most.

I'm not sure what I am at this moment but I'd be roughly 57kg I guess so about the same weight as you Jam , around 120lbs. Pretty light for what's supposed to be a full grown man isn't it ... how tall are you btw? I think I'm 5' 9" , so not very tall but not short either imo. I reckon I should be somewhere around 65-70kg , so yeh somewhere around 140lbs in the Imperial measurement. :\

All I can say is that Fatty Junk Food alone won't help very well to put on weight ... your body will just excrete alot of the excess fat , you need to combine those delicious junk foods WITH other normal and 'healthy' foods. So have a big bowl of rice and stirfry or whatever and have some Ice-cream for desert , Make a big old Sandwhich with the lot (get quality healthy dense bread with lot's of grains and goodness) then wash it down with a thickshake and a bag of potato chips or something. I'm sure you see what I'm getting at.

Also , If you like to drink alot of milk , I don't tend to recommend eating too many animal proteins these days but they sure help to put on some weight ... you could try that Protein drink I mentioned with the cracked eggs and honey (based on Bruce Lees recipe btw :)) Unless your working flat out a litre might be a little much but a Pint would do and seriously , don't let the eggs put you off , you can't even taste them with the honey ... not even like egg nog. If you have a pint of milk with 1-2 raw eggs and Honey (and whatever else ya like , try lecethin (soy protein) , Banana , Cinnamon etc , they can all mix together nicely for a very tasty and nutricious beverage if I do say so) , combine that with 2-3 other good meals in the day and I dare say you will put on weight quite quickly , and muscle when you do get the chance to work out. That's Only If you like milk though.

Well , just a few suggestions ofc ... nothing uber enlightening but I guess there isn't really a whole lot of complexities when it comes to the idea of gaining/losing weight ... The hard part is actually sticking to a plan and doing it. %)

Cheers ... I'm inspired to have something to eat now (2 bits of toast in about 30hrs here 8)) ... good luck to you sir and plz give us an update on how your doing with it when you can. Have a good one.

P.s. I just noticed doesntmatter got in before me , thanx for the post man ... I might check out that site too. No worries.

This topic comes up every week or so. The answer is always the same, eat more. Or maybe UTFSE.

This topic comes up every week or so. The answer is always the same, eat more. Or maybe UTFSE.

Unfortunately, this is correct.

Gaining/losing weight is a pretty simple equation. To gain, you need to consume more than you use and to lose you need to consume less than you use.

More caloric intake is pretty much your only option.

^One caveat though, is that its probably best not to stuff yourself with high G.I. carbs like those found in ice cream and candy. Some high calorie inexpensive options are bacon, whole milk, and olive oil (pour it on everything).

Some people can follow all of the general/common routes to gain weight and - (gasp) NOT gain weight! I currently am at a pretty low weight and have had trouble gaining weight for the past 6 months. I've seen a few Doctors, all say I'm in great health that I don't need to change my diet at all (I'm 5'8'' and 106lbs). I've increased my calories significantly for MONTHS without result. My weight has DROPPED. Reasons (possible) :

Stress
thyroid (test showed this was normal)
medications
metabolism (change in)
something else horribly wrong
nothing - your body is happy the way it is.

TFSE is not always 'the answer'.

Some people can follow all of the general/common routes to gain weight and - (gasp) NOT gain weight! I currently am at a pretty low weight and have had trouble gaining weight for the past 6 months. I've seen a few Doctors, all say I'm in great health that I don't need to change my diet at all (I'm 5'8'' and 106lbs). I've increased my calories significantly for MONTHS without result. My weight has DROPPED. Reasons (possible) :

Stress
medications
metabolism (change in)

if you want to gain weight, keep increasing caloric intake until it happens. It's pretty simple.

Stress
medications
metabolism (change in)

I would say its more likely you over estimated how many calories you were getting. Try getting 3000 a day on top of a gallon of whole milk, you'll grow.

Woa, maybe this will put a fire under your ass: http://www.bmj.com/cgi/reprint/337/jul01_2/a439

Last edited:
hate to recommend more drugs, but cannabis is famous for increasing appetite. some strains work better than others. i find that eating ganja butter is more effective for longer than other r.o.a.'s.

I have a really fast metabolism also. If I don't work out, i can't gain weight. Find some sort of muscle building activity that you enjoy and do that. Perhaps a job in landscaping. I would also look to see if any raw vegan restaurants are hiring so you can both make more money and eat healthy food every day.

good luck!

=woamotive;

actually this is partly true. your genetics have built a body that wants to be at a certain weight. it will strive to keep your body at that weight regardless of your intentions.

but as amebix said, most skinny people don't have any clue how much they eat. they think because they eat often, and get full each time, that they're eating a lot.

its easy to overestimate this. that's why i suggested writing it all down. write down everything you eat in a day, and it needs to add up to 3000 calories. if you don't gain weight after a couple weeks, up it to 3200. still no weight? up it again. eventually, you'll gain weight....unless something is medically wrong with you. it'd be good to know that too, so it can't hurt to try.

- to those who are telling me (of course, as expected) to just 'keep eating more calories: it's been now about 6 months, several doctors, etc. I went from 115 to (today) 100. It's a very steady weight loss.
And to 'doesntmatter' - exactly 'unless something is wrong with you' which is what I'm saying: Something MUST be wrong with me. I'm seeing an internal medicine doctor on Tuesday. My regular doctor (at the appt today that I went to) hasn't a clue.

I have, since the weight loss, been logging my caloric intake VERY accurately;). Also, I'm a woman (I get the impression you all think I'm male). The study? Interesting.

well i sincerely hope that you find the source of your weight loss.

i know it must be frustrating to have a doctor tell you they don't know.

^^^
lol

its not a real word....yet.

in that sentence, it meant delicious : )

nomnomnom.jpg